Friday, June 26, 2009

Surprise? No. Tears? Yes.

Chris Pronger.

Let the trades of the 2009-2010 season begin.

I'm definitely sad to see him go.

There is something to be said about having a defenseman like Chris Pronger on your team. He's big, he's powerful, he's a great man to have on your Power Play unit and your Penalty Kill...Chris Pronger, no matter what the fans think of him, is a great all around defenseman.

I'm going to miss him.

Chris Pronger has always been the man that other fans love to hate. I don't care what people think of him, dirty or whatever, he's going to be loved in Philly. They are going to realize that they've got a fantastic ice sprawling, physical, sharp shooting defenseman on their roster. Their fans are going to love him before they know it.

I KNOW Ducks fans are going to miss Chris Pronger.

I'm going to miss that upper cut after a speeding slap shot from the blueline. I'm going to miss the D-man with no fear, willing to lay all 6'6'' on the ice to block a shot. I'm going to miss the fact that his feet are 10 times too small for his body. I'm going to miss that crooked tooth! I'm going to miss the way he looks up when you call him "GQ". I'm going to miss his humorous interviews and his excessive use of the word "obviously". I'm going to miss that hideous mustard colored jacket that he wore when the Ducks were in Europe...

I'm going to miss Chris Pronger.

I wish you luck GQ, but not too much.

GO DUCKS!!!

3 comments:

Matt said...

Joffrey Lupul, Luca Sbisa, two 1st rounders plus a conditional 3rd.

That should go a long way towards drying your eyes...

SK eleven said...

Hahaha, believe me, I get better and better each day because of those very reasons!

Probably won't be fully recovered until sometime next season though!

Chris (aka Ducks54) said...

I'll miss Chris too... but I think we got the better end of the deal, shh!