Friday, May 15, 2009

Don't be upset...be PROUD!

I've received a number phone calls from concerned friends who are apparently afraid that I might take my life after the Ducks were eliminated from the playoffs.

Yikes, maybe it's time I got a life outside of hockey?

Nah!!!!

Here's what I've told them all...

I'm not upset. That's right. I'm NOT upset. I can't be.

The Ducks weren't supposed to make the post season (not with the way the beginning of the season started and continued for nearly 70 games), there was no way in hell they were going to get past the San Jose Sharks...and the idea that they would lose in the final 3 minutes of game 7 against Detroit was out right preposterous. And yet, they did all of that.

I'm not upset.

I'm not upset that we've learned Jonas Hiller is one hell of a goal tender, who's likely only going to get better.

I'm not upset that Francois Beauchemin missed 60+ games allowing space for Bobby Effin Ryan to make his case...and even more so, I'm thrilled to see that Beauch came back stronger than ever. Re-sign him please.

I'm not upset that this season, Bobby Effin Ryan made a name for HIMSELF...without the need to mention that OTHER guy.

I'm not upset that Ryan Getzlaf, the superstar that he is, and Corey Perry, are only getting better and leading this team at such a young age.

I'm not upset to have experienced another year of Teemu Selanne and Scott Niedermayer, who for all purposes are still amazing players. Weather or not they return next season, I am honored to have witnessed their greatness.

I'm not upset that while yes, we lost a lot of great players during the trade deadline, we gained some wonderful players who made the push to the playoffs worth every bit of heartache. I have a lot of respect for what James Wisniewski, Petteri Nokelainen, Mike Brown, and Sheldon Brookbank brought to a struggling Anaheim Ducks team.

I'm not upset to have learned that GM Bob Murray has the balls, courage, and a great view for this team. It will be exciting what he does with this franchise in the off-season.

I'm not upset that after 95 games, I lost my voice numerous times cheering/screaming for this team I love.

I'm not upset that the Ducks have a fabulous core group of young guys, primed and ready to step up and do their jobs.

I'm definitely not upset about eliminating San Jose in the first round and I'm okay with still having a million and a half reasons to hate Detroit.

What am I upset about?

That I have to wait 120+ days until I get to see them take the ice once again.

So if you're feeling down and depressed about the Ducks elimination...don't be. As fans, we have nothing to be upset about. We're still miles better than the Kings, we're obviously better than Sharks, we aren't facing the uncertainty of our future like the Coyotes are, and that team that knocked us out last year? They didn't even see the post season!

Just remember what these Ducks have done for Southern California hockey...

...and don't be upset...be PROUD to be a fan of the Anaheim Ducks!

Damn, I love this game.

GO DUCKS!!!

3 comments:

Suz Broughton said...

When's our new post coming?

Suz Broughton said...

???

SK eleven said...

I'm getting there!!! PROMISE! :)