Sunday, June 14, 2009

Those are MY seats!

Along with a few other people (like 12,000 or something) I am now officially a season seat holder! I'm very excited about it!

I got to pick my seats along with all of the other new seat holders at 5:30 (I saw a few Twitter pals there too...even though I didn't say hi- forgive me). UJ and I then continued to go back and forth between two sections...back and forth, back and forth...until finally settling on my new seats for next season! I am so excited to BE THERE!

So, minus the ice, that is my view for the 2009-2010 season...and I can't wait!

Is it time for training camp yet?!

Along with picking seats, Bob Murray gave everyone a little update on the off-season plans. There was not one shocking piece of information revealed.

Murray hasn't heard from Teemu Selanne because his word is based on Scott Niedermayer's decision. Scotty has promised to make his decision before Murray makes his way to the draft which is in only a few weeks. Everyone is injured (not really, but UJ was talking to me, so I missed some of the specifics) and should be healed by the time camp starts. They're expecting Francois Beauchemin to test the market (I'm predicting he ends up playing for the Anaheim Ducks of Toronto), they are planning on battling it out to keep James Wisniewski, and also planning on not getting themselves into a financial hole in order to keep Bobby Ryan next season when he's available to them for negotiations. Murray didn't give any indication regarding the goal tending situation and they are planning on finding a new goal tending coach to replace François Allaire.

All in all, it's going to be a crazy off-season...

GO DUCKS!!!

5 comments:

Suz Broughton said...

You forgot to mention something, or should I say someone....

SK eleven said...

OH DUH! How could I forget?!?

He didn't mention anything about trading Pronger - just that we have him under contract for one more year.

Phew, thanks Suz! ;)

Matt said...

Hmm... View From My Seats. That should be the name of a website or something!

Congrats on your season seats. Now watch and you end up planning the rest of your life around long homestands! ;-)

SK eleven said...

Oh, that was crafty Matt! Nicely done!

Thank you! I already plan my life around long homestands. Who am I kidding? I plan my life around late September - mid June. At least I have a good reason for bailing on things/people..."can't, I have tickets to the Ducks game tonight..."

That makes me smile already! :)

Chris (aka Ducks54) said...

Ahhh... season seats. I'm so jealous =)